Playing your favorite VM hits.
- May 2014 VoiceMale releases 2nd EP, Take Your Pick
- December 2013 Steamy Winter concert with Boston University Treblemakers
- November 2013 VoiceMale's 20th Anniversary EP is successfully funded on KickStarter
- October 2013 Fall Fest Concert with Brandeis Starving Artists
- September 2013VoiceMale accepts Shobhik Chakraborty '13, Austin Koenigstein '13, Kaelan Lynch '13, and Antoine Malfroy-Camine '13
- May 2013 VoiceMale sings the Alma Mater and the university's Commencement ceremony
- April 2013 19th Annual TestFest Concert
- April 2013 Brandeis A Cappella Fest! 2013
- April 2013 VoiceMale competes in WERS All A Cappella Live Competition
- December 2012 Steamy Winter concert with guest group MIT Chorallaries
- September 2012 VoiceMale accepts Elan Wong '15
- July 2012 Mother We Just Can't Get Enough is place on Voices Only 2012 Volume Two
- May 2012 VoiceMale sings the Alma Mater and the university's Commencement ceremony
- May 2012 TRISK Drag Show at Brandeis
VoiceMale is Brandeis University's award-winning all-male a cappella group. Founded in 1994 by Samrat Chakrabarti, the group travels coast-to-coast performing a mix of rock, pop, R&B, oldies and more at a wide variety of venues including colleges, high schools, charity events, and private functions.
As a traditionally small collegiate group, VoiceMale emphasizes the role of every individual in creating a full, balanced sound. Members of VoiceMale share the philosophy that all components of a song are equally important, and their arrangements strive to reflect that with voice parts that are distinct and interesting, yet always complementary to one another. This allows the group to showcase the uniqueness of its members' voices and, at the same time, their ability to work together as a unit. While staying true to these fundamentals, VoiceMale constantly aims to grow and improve by building upon the foundation laid by members past.
Through its dedication to combining intricate arrangements with passionate performance both on the stage and in the studio, VoiceMale has worked to earn its place in the national a cappella scene. Holding titles such as WERS 88.9 FM's All A Cappella Live Champion and Contemporary A Cappella Recording Award (CARA) Winner, VoiceMale has received notable recognition for its sound, live and recorded. In December 2011, the group released its first ever concept album, Phoenix, which offers a mix of contemporary covers and original music and takes the listener through an emotional journey. With tracks placed on national and international compilations alike, and recently nominated for four CARAs, Phoenix now joins the ranks of VoiceMale's previous award-winning albums Suit Up. (2009), Ain't Done Overnight (2006), and Propeller (2003).
VoiceMale would like to thank its devoted fans, affectionately called FOVs (Fans Of VoiceMale).
Your continuous support and enthusiasm drive our group to reach new heights, and we are truly grateful for all of the incredible experiences you make possible.
Check out VoiceMale on:
- Winter Time Chris August (arr. Elan Wong)
- Please Don't Go VoiceMale (arr. Samrat Chakrabarti)
- Superstition Stevie Wonder (arr. Elan Wong)
- Here Comes Goodbye Rascal Flatts (arr. Jordan Suchow)
- Stay or Leave Dave Matthews (arr. Elan Wong)
- Here We Go Dispatch (arr. Schuyler Brass)
- Someday Rob Thomas (arr. Austin Koenigstein)
- Colder Weather Zac Brown Band (arr. Elan Wong)
- Thinkin' Bout Somethin Hanson (arr. Eric Freeman)
- Hollywood's Not America Ferras (arr. Elan Wong)
- Heaven John Legend (arr. Adam Jones)
- Talk You Down The Script (arr. Austin Koenigstein)
- Name The Goo Goo Dolls (arr. Antoine Malfroy-Camine)
- Fallin' Over You Rockappella (arr. Rockappella)
- In the Still of the Night The Five Satins (arr. Boyz II Men)
Please send any requests to VoiceMale@brandeis.edu.
|April 24, 2014||Brandeis A Cappella Fest! 2014|
|April 27, 2014||VoiceMale competes in WERS All A Cappella Live Competition|
|May 3, 2014||VoiceMale's 20th Anniversary TestFest!|
|May 10, 2014||VoiceMale participates in 3rd Annual MTL A Cappella Festival in Montreal, Quebec|
VoiceMale is available for all public and private functions including college and high school performances, workshops, birthdays, weddings, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, charity events, etc.
Write to us at:
E-mail us at:
President, Chase Hiller, at 443.465.3521.
Business Manager, Jason Sugarman, at 917.273.7904.
Click a song's title to purchase a digital single ($1), or below an album's cover to purchase the full album. PayPal does not require an account, and accepts all major credit cards.
Purchase hard copy:
Phoenix (Fall 2011):
** Nominated for 'Best Male Collegiate Album' 2012
1. Mother We Just Can't Get Enough, o.p.b. New Radicals
Purchase hard copy:
Suit Up. (Spring 2009):
** Nominated for 'Best Male Collegiate Album' 2010
1. Where's the Love, o.p.b. Hanson
Where's the Album? - The EP (Fall 2008):
** Top 10 'Best Male Collegiate Album' 2009
1. Where's the Love, o.p.b. Hanson
Ain't Done Overnight (Fall 2006):
** Nominated for 'Best Male Collegiate Album' 2007
1. Is it Any Wonder?, o.p.b. Keane
Propeller (Fall 2003):
** WINNER of 'Best Male Collegiate Album' 2004
1. Let Me Entertain You, o.p.b. Robbie Williams
VoiceMale (Spring 2001)
1. Absolutely (Story of a Girl), o.p.b. Nine Days
Malestrom (Spring 1999)
1. Virtual Insanity, o.p.b. Jamiroquai
Flipside (Spring 1997)
1. Hooked on a Feeling, o.p.b. Blue Suede